Nov 11, 2008

Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon



I have books that I can read and re-read and still feel the excitement that a new story brings. This is one such book. Master of the Game is always included in my list favorite books and one that I would recommend to anybody.

The story is full of adventure, love, suspense and betrayal. It spans several generations from Jamie McGregor striking it rich at a gold mine in South Africa, to his daughter Kate working hard to build and keep the business empire , her son Tony who was a big disappointment to both her mother and himself and the twins Eve and Alexandria, the biggest hope and the biggest disappointment of all.

From the back cover of the book:
"Kate Blackwell is the symbol of success, the beautiful woman who parlayed her inheritance into an international conglomerate. Winner of a unique position among the wealthy and world-renowned, she's also a survivor as indomitable as her father, who returned from the edge of death to wrench a fortune in diamonds from the hard South African soil. Now, celebrating her ninetieth birthday, Kate surveys the family she has manipulated, dominated and loved: the fair and the grotesque, the mad and the mild, the good and the evil-her winnings in life. Is she the master if the game?"

I haven't decided yet whether I will write a summary of the story and spoil it for you or just entice you with enough ideas about the book. But if I were to recommend a book that wont bore you at the least, this is the first one I will give you.

No comments: