Dec 23, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl


I am currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl byPhilippa Gregory. This book is one of those I cannot put down easily and I was up so late last night trying to squeeze more pages but my kids were whining for the lights to be turned off. While cooking breakfast, I was holding the book on my other hand and the sandok on the other.

The book is a historical fiction novel based on the life of Mary Boleyn. The reviews are mixed, but I personally like this book. I am on the last 100 or more pages and I would be reading it this very moment if I am not currently blogging about it.

I just need to tell you that we girls are very lucky to be born this century and not during those times when girls are nothing but commodity used to advance once family, and not thinking twice about whoring the girls in the process. And oh, the hypocrisy of the royal court!

To be married for love is a great blessing indeed and makes a woman feel very lucky. I should know because I am today, celebrating my 11th years of marriage to the man I love!

1 comment:

kcatwoman said...

that's true that were very lucky today bec. the society treats women better in our generation than in the ancient times.

Im happy to find a book lover pinoy blog here. i tried making one but.. i deleted it cause i thought no one would read it.
so, i like your blog and i support it all d way.hehe

have you read the stephanie meyer series?