Sep 18, 2009

Book Worms Meme

Here is one meme for book lovers out there!



Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
  • Only if available. Usually chips or nuts.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
  • Write on books? NO! Unless they are text books!
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
  • Dog-ears mostly. My kids usually take out my bookmarks.
Laying the book flat open?
  • Never!
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
  • Fiction.
Hard copy or audiobooks?
  • Hard copy
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
  • Can put books down anytime. If you are a mother, this is a skill that you must learn and master without losing your patience. No matter how exciting the book is, a shrieking child or a frowning husband takes precedence.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
  • Wait until I can google it, or guess based on the context.
What are you currently reading?
  • Will start Lost Symbol tomorrow. Currently re-reading Rich Dad Poor Dad.
What is the last book you bought?
  • On a book sale, Hannibal by Thomas Harris
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
  • More than one at anytime. I have books lying around and I usually whichever is handy.
Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
  • While everybody is watching TV or whenever there is a lesser chance that I will be bothered.
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
  • Depends on the story. I love the Harry Potter, Twilight, Narnia series but cant finish the first few chapters of Southern Vampires.
Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
  • Sidney Sheldon, Harry Potter
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
  • I wish I can organize them. But I store them in the bookshelf in no particular order(except the series that are of course stored together). My only concern is that they fit. Otherwise, they stay in a box.

Special thanks to Pachuvachuva where I first saw this meme.

2 comments:

pachuvachuva said...

Hi, Dinah!
Thanks for dropping by at Pachuvachuva.

Added Bookish Worm to my blogroll under La Book-aracha. ^_^

Joy said...

Great answers, I will have to post this on my blog too. How fun.