Oct 8, 2009

I Saved A Book!

I have already blogged that my house in Quezon City was flooded but my books were spared. But my other house in Dela Costa Homes in Montalban, Rizal was ravaged. While we were disposing of muddy clothes and linens, I saw a pile of wet books that my neighbor was throwing away as well. So I saved it!

This is the Doomsday Conspiracy by Sidney Sheldon, one of my favorite authors of all time. My husband was looking at me as if I have gone mad. He was wondering how could I throw away a TV, speaker, radio, 2 electric fans, and some more electronic gadgets without even batting an eyelash, but couldn't let go of a muddy, wet book!

I flipped the pages and saw that once dried, the book can be saved after all. So I took it with me and saved it.

Well, you would too if you could, right?

7 comments:

Jeremae Jan April said...

I would save it too it that was me... it's easy to replace those stuffs, but if you love a piece of book, ull be connected with it somehow..

jeremae here

kcatwoman said...

i dfinitely would save my books too. i love em, the first thing i saved in the house, (after impt docs) is them. great job that you did

Bookneneng

sagar said...

I’m glad I read this. I rarely post comments…not because I don’t like this…but because I thought it was self-serving.
Thank you
sagar
Blogging Tips\Download Free CSS Templates

Michelle said...

Yup, I would save it, too. In fact, for the Pepeng storm, I wrapped up our books first before anything else.:)

earthlingorgeous said...

wow ang tyaga mo! I didn't know nabaha rin pala kayo.

Off topic: I'd appreciate your comment on this post please! Thanks in advance!

SphinxnihpS of Aker-Ruti said...

I have an entire reference library I don't know what I'd do without. If something like a fire happened, I know I'd grab my laptops, my flash drives, and then try to grab as many of my books as possible.

Jodi

earthlingorgeous said...

Oh my! I didn't know isa ka rin pala sa binaha! Ang tyaga mo to save that book but if its a really good read its worth it.