Mar 31, 2010

To Kill A Mockingbird




Would you believe that I have never read this book until last week? Yes, I am guilty of ignoring the classics and just going for easy reads most of the time. But when I had my hands on some classics from our HR's book sale for a cause, I got me some good ones. In my to-read list are Nick Joaquin's and F. Sionil Jose and War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for the kids.

Now back to To Kill A Mockingbird. I a touched by the innocence of Scout in her narration in the book and the innate goodness of her brother Jem which I attribute to Atticus. As a parent, I can only wish that I can be as fair and steadfast as he is. I will just let you read Wiki's take on the book for a review, but you have to read it for your self. I was particularly touched when Dill had to go out of the courtroom because he cannot stomach how the lawyer was being mean to Tom. And then I forgot who said it that when good men are being wronged, only children cry.

I hope you get to read the book. This is a good read for parents as well. I would agree that this should be included in the list of books you should read before you die.

2 comments:

Elvie said...

Hi, good posts on books. i'm a book worm too
care to share links? i'll add you and appreciate if you do mine. here's my link: http://elvirasroundabout.blogspot.com

thanks :-)

kcatwoman said...

hi there.. i also love this book. this is the reason why i keep buying pulitzer prize winners every chance i get. (spoiler) i loved when boo radley saved their lives in the end. happy reading

bestpinay
Bookneneng books for SALE