Aug 26, 2010

Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger


On my bedside is Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger, and I have 9 Stories lying around somewhere in the house. I have been trying to finish these two books for a week now, with no success yet because I keep getting sleepy. The book does not catch all my interest at this point. Obviously, I am not an angst-filled youth and I cannot at this point of my life, make a connection with Holden. But seriously, If I had my hands on this book when I was in high school, I may have turned out differently! I may have done something really really stupid and life changing! The boy is so obviously troubled. I lost a brother too when I was young and I felt lonely and guilty most of the time back then so can you imagine having a hero like him? Gosh, no wonder this book was banned. I am not sure if that was right though. I will try to make another go at a review once I am done with the book though. As for 9 stories, am already on the 3rd story, The Laughing Man and I still don't get it!

One quote I liked from the book:
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.
If I read this back then, this would have killed me.


1 comment:

SHALLA YU! said...

I've read this book when i was a freshman and I loved it ever since!