Jun 9, 2011

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

I was already cooking when I learned that classes were suspended this morning and while the rice was on the stove, I couldnt get back to bed! And that was when I picked up my sister's copy of the book, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." In a nutshell, Eddie was an old guy, a maintenance guy at the circus and he died saving a little girl from a faulty ride. When he woke up, he was in heaven, or something like it. And he was to meet five people who will make him understand his life. I cried while reading the book and I was sorry for Eddie. I was especially sad for him when he met Ruby and thought that he was meeting his father. It made me think about how I am with my children and if I am a good parent to them. I was sorry for him too about the war and meeting his captain and for giving him a bad leg. I was horrified when he met the Blue Man and how he was unknowingly the cause of that man's death. I was so sorry for him when he met his wife because I can feel his love for her and how he thinks that she was the best thing he has in life. And I was so sorry for him when he met the little girl. It was a good book and it made me think about my life and makes me wonder about the five people I will meet in heaven. Just the same, I know that lots of things happen for a reason and I just hope that good things will come out of my choices. I just want to be good parent to my kids, a good wife to my husband, a good child to my mom and a good friend and sister.

No comments: