I have had the Kindle Fire for more than a week now and it is giving me a headache! Yes, a headache. A little maybe because of the glare, but the headache is mostly caused by me, not knowing when to stop reading, ha ha ha. I have already read some 5 books, and is reading two more at the same time. I have not finished my Financial management books, but I have finished 5 novels and have downloaded a lot of books too. This is really addicting! And the fun part is, I can also browse and email while I am riding a bus with wifi. As my friend Ehms would say, soshal! And I will bring this to Cambodia to email at home so need to lug a laptop around! Success!
Feb 7, 2013
I am just so happy to discover that I can use my Kindle Fire to read books on Financial Management and not just for reading! I really can use it for my studies. I downloaded copied of two books that I can bring along with me, and not lug around the huge book I am reading. Yehey! And even when I am on vacation, I can still continue with my studying!
But I am happy to say that I have already somehow baptized my Kindle by finishing The Mistress of The Game. I am now reading the Time Traveller's and have only downloaded the last John Greene book on my list. But I swear not to red any other book except the Financial Management book for the mean time!a
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks to the Universe and for everything else that conspired to give me my wishes, I am now the proud owner of a second-hand Kindle Fire! Even though my Kindle fund is now going to be my Cambodia fund! Because payment terms to my boss is so flexible, I will start paying her by the end of this month and whenever I have funds thereafter! See, I am telling you it was meant to be! I was really meant to own this Kindle! Now, if I can only have the guts to show it to my husband (who thinks I am spending way too much already, ha ha ha)!
Because I only have a few minutes to blog and I can't think of anything original so I just stole this from here. Here goes:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
A character from the bible.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last week, after reading The Fault in Our Stars.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Nope. Its chicken scrawl!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Nope. I'm not easy to be friends with.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Nooooooooo (you get it!)
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
If you pay me enough.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Just plain oatmeal.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Oh yes. After all I've been through.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
My Finance skills, or the lack of it.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black, boring office shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Crackers, for people like me who are perennially on a diet.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The sound of my boss' keyboard, ha ha ha.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Black. or Blue.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Can't smell much. Don't have sense of smell due to sinusitis.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Very. There is an election coming and I swear to use my right to vote intelligently.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Both! Tough choice, but okay, beach house.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
None. Is cooking a sport? Ha ha.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Black, dyed a little brown
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Ginataang halo halo.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings, definitely. But I do watch scary movies every now and then, with my face half-covered.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Die Hard 1
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue with fish prints
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer! No school for the kids!
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Paper Towns, John Green
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Extra usb port, no design
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
My husband and kid's snoring
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Mindanao, very recently.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Worrying, if you can call it that!
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Quezon City, Manila, Philippines
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Green. But we dont live there. We rent a house, its all hollow blocks.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Yes sure, I do love answering questions about myself on the internet where people I don't know can read the, ha ha ha.