Dec 12, 2014

If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman

So I have a copy of the movie If I Stay, but since they always disappoint me big-time, I tried looking for the book first. And boy, was I surprised! It was very well-written, and so very touching.  I couldn't put down the book, even during my MBA class.  I was crying in some parts, thankfully not during class.  And I felt so bereft when I finished the book.
Then while I was waiting for my next class, I saw Where She Went and started reading.  I didn't know that it was a sequel, and when I read it, I felt that same tug in my heart for Mia and Adam. Oh my God, I love these books and I might just read it again. 
Sorry, that really is not much of a review, but hey, I am gushing here so it must be good. And the movie? It was okay, but I loved the book maybe 10x more.

No comments: